Terrorism, coral-list

Ursula Keuper-Bennett howzit at turtles.org
Thu Sep 13 10:17:14 EDT 2001

Hi Jim (CORAL-Lers)

The commentary by Canadian Gordon Sinclair, "American: The Good Neighbor"
has been making the rounds.

I note with interest the introduction, "From a Canadian newspaper some time
ago".

"some time ago" Jim turns out to be June 5, 1973.

Please see the commentary in its entirety at:

<http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Our_Culture/americans.htm>

Canadian broadcast/journalist Gordon Sinclair died in 1984 at age 84.

I believe he'd be gratified that the words he spoke in 1973 are giving
comfort to Americans close to 30 years later.

I'm Canadian also.  (In fact my husband and I were on a flight from Hawaii
back to Canada the night of September 10th.  We arrived in Toronto about
6:30 am September 11th.  Save but a few hours the other way and we'd have
been stranded like so many others still are.)

I just re-read Sinclair's comment and can only add one thing.

As a Canadian I know what "United States" means.  "United States" isn't
just the prime defender (and sometimes it appears the sole defender) of
democracy, but the best friend Canada has ever had.

Lots of Canadians know this.

Sinclair just said it best, that's all.  Sweet and loud.

Jim, I appreciate the work you put into keeping CORAL-L running.  This is a
wonderful mailing list --and community.

Best wishes,
Ursula
TURTLE TRAX