New Science paper on Astrangia

anne cohen acohen at whoi.edu
Tue Apr 23 16:53:00 EDT 2002

Dear All

I want to draw your attention to our paper published last week in
Science (April 12th, pp 331). It describes the differences in skeletal
chemistry between symbiotic and asymbiotic colonies of Astrangia
poculata.  We attributed these differences, which have implications for
coral-based climate records, to the presence/absence of algal symbionts
in the host tissue.

Regards,
Anne.

--