Fish behaviour on artificial reefs

Karen Cheney k.cheney at uea.ac.uk
Thu Aug 1 10:36:24 EDT 2002

Dear Coral-listers,

        In the literature there appears to be numerous examples of
differences in
fish composition between artificial reefs and natural reefs. However, I have
also noticed behavioural differences in reef fish, especially in the
reproductive activities and egg predation rates in damselfish spawning on
wrecks. I was wondering whether anyone knows of other examples of
differences in fish behaviour on artificial reefs compared to natural reefs,
either in the literature or from personal observations,

Any information would be grateful,
Please reply to me directly (k.cheney at uea.ac.uk)

Regards
Karen Cheney

Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Conservation
School of Biological Sciences
University of East Anglia
Norwich, UK
NR4 7TJ