Aquarium Trade Monitoring at ITMEMS 2

Craig Shuman cshuman at ucla.edu
Mon Dec 16 13:19:18 EST 2002

Dear all,

The recent postponement of ITMEMS 2 till March has given us the
opportunity to change the session previously entitle "Collection
Fisheries" to one that is focused exclusively on monitoring for the
marine aquarium trade.  We would like to use this opportunity to discuss
the monitoring program that has been developed for MAC certification and
how it is being applied to ensure the sustainable extraction of marine
ornamentals.

We welcome all interested parties to take part in this session as we
feel there is much to be learned from the international application of
the monitoring methods.  Please let me know if you are interested in
participating in this case study so I can make the appropriate
arrangements with the ITMEMS 2 organizing committee.  In addition,
please help distribute this message to other interested parties.

Thank you,
Craig Shuman

Craig Shuman
Reef Check Scientist

Reef Check-UCLA
Institute of the Environment
1362 Hershey Hall Box 95-1496
University of California at Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1496 USA

Tel: 310-869-6574               Fax: 310-825-0758
Email: cshuman at ucla.edu   Web: www.ReefCheck.org