mangrove shoot transplantation

greenforce at pd.jaring.my greenforce at pd.jaring.my
Fri Feb 22 23:22:22 EST 2002

greetings all

we are volunteers working in the Banggi region of northern Sabah.  We are
conducting our miniproject on the transplantation of mangrove shoots. We are
currently experiencing problems in surviva of ltransplanted shoots. We
believe this may be due to transplantation to areas with to much sunlight
around the edge of the mangroves, but wondered if there were other specific
factors that we could attribute this low survival rate to.

We would be most grateful to know if anyone had any experience with, or
knows of any papers relating to techniques / conditions for mangrove shoot
transplantation.

Many thanks for your time and help

Kind regards

Laura and Emma