What could be bleached?

Pam Muller pmuller at seas.marine.usf.edu
Tue Jan 8 08:42:22 EST 2002

My students and I have been studying bleaching in reef-dwelling foraminifera
for just over a decade.  We have published a several papers on bleaching and
related symptoms (increased succeptibility to predation, test breakage and
bioerosion, as well as reduced recruitment) in these protists.  Two
dissertations on our data set were defended in the past month, so several
more
papers on our unique long-term data set from Conch Reef (thanks to the
NOAA-NURC-Florida Keys Program) are planned for submission in the near
future.

I will send a list of existing publications directly to Victor.  If anyone
else is interested in the list, please contact me.

If anyone else has published anything on bleaching in reef-dwelling
foraminifera, please let me know.

Pamela Hallock, Professor
College of marine Science
University of South Florida