Video taping coral reefs for species identification...

Craig Bonn Craig.Bonn at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 5 16:05:57 EST 2002

Dear Listers:  Any and all ideas, publications, etc concerning video
taping of corals to identify to the species level would be greatly
appreciated.  We will be using a sony 900 housed in an amphibico
navigator housing, shooting approximately 40 cm above the seafloor.
Some of the reefs are very rugose, and we need to maintain that exact
height all along the transect (30m).  Lasers, t-bars, and so forth I
know about, actual designs is what Im looking for to incorporate into
our equipment.  Suggestions for lighting systems will also be greatly
appreciated

Thanks so much

  Biological Science Technician (Fisheries)
  NOAA/NOS
  Beaufort Lab

  Biological Science Technician (Fisheries)  <Craig.Bonn at noaa.gov>
  NOAA/NOS
  Beaufort Lab
  101 Pivers Island Road                     Cellular: 252-725-4794
  Beaufort                                   Fax: 252-728-8740
  North Carolina                             Work: 252-728-8777
  28512
  Additional Information:
  Last Name     Bonn
  First Name    Craig