Capt. Bobby Millender

John C. Ogden jogden at seas.marine.usf.edu
Fri Mar 8 13:40:52 EST 2002

Dear Colleagues,

Capt. Bobby Millender retired on February 28, 2002 after almost 25 years at
the helm of the R/V BELLOWS.  We estimate that in this time period over
2500 students and faculty have voyaged on the BELLOWS and experienced
Bobby's unique style of seagoing education and hospitality.  Of course, we
intend to mark his retirement with an appropriate celebration.  You will
hear about this in due course.

In the meantime, we would like to assemble for him a three ring, loose leaf
binder of letters, testimonials, photographs, cartoons, amusing anecdotes--
in short anything that any "alum" of the R/V BELLOWS would care to send to
us that will be memories for Bobby of you and of his long years of service
to Florida's marine sciences community.

Deborah Haynes <dhaynes at marine.usf.edu> in the FIO office will be your
contact point.  As a guideline consider preparing one, 8.5 x 11 three-ring
binder page appropriately mounted, sheathed, punched, etc.

Thanks for helping us to celebrate the distinguished career of a great RV
Captain and Floridian.

Best wishes,
John Ogden, Director
Florida Institute of Oceanography