Coral Bleaching in Reunion Island

Michaël RARD michael.rard at univ-reunion.fr
Mon Mar 18 03:52:14 EST 2002

Thank you Posa for this interessant information.

Here, in Reunion Island is some bleaching in 2 sites, just because of the
mud imported by the last hurricane Dina in january, but not now due to the
sea T°C.

And, to my mind and when I compare the sea temperature we have in our reefs,
because of the rains due to the 2 hurricanes we have had since the beginning
of this year, the seawater T°C is 1°C less than the last 2 years. So I think
that this year, we will not have bleaching caused by too high temperatures,
but perhaps due to rains and mud in freshwater imported by hurricanes.

Many thanks, and have a nice day
Michaël
--
                          Michaël RARD
Laboratoire d'Ecologie Marine, Université de la Réunion