repeat message

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 18 12:38:07 EST 2002

There are several reasons a message may not make it to you soon after it is
sent.

a)  The person who sent it sent it from another email address from that
which there are known to coral-list as.  This happens a lot.  For instance,
Joe at somewhere.com sends a message, but he registered as
Joe at email.somewhere.com.  Or, the send is now at another institution, but
forgot to let me (or better, majordomo at coral.aoml.noaa.gov) know.  Quite
often I just forward the message instead of hassling the sender and try to
find out who the guy/gal was so I can change their email address for them.

b)  The message gets stopped in cyberspace because a server or route was
temporarily down.

c)  The email queue on the coral-list server stacks up messages that were
attempted to be delivered, but couldn't for whatever reason, then it tries
again.

d)  Other.  In other words, I haven't a clue.

Please, when you change email addresses, let me know, or better yet, use the
procedure as it was outlined to you when you got your Welcome Message.

Thanks!

    Cheers,
    Jim