community-based monitoring

Sarah Curran Curran at altc.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Mar 23 04:37:11 EST 2002

Hi Liz,

you may or may not already have this book but if not its very useful for
CBCRM practitioners;

citation is:

Institute for rural reconstruction (IIRR), 1998. Partcipatory methods in
community based coastal resource management. Pub IIRR Cavite, Philippines

ISBN 0942717902
email  iirr at cav.pworld.net.ph

Its basically a 3 volume toolkit for managers and field workers and was
produced from a workshop of around 30 practitioners over a couple of weeks
of talks and editing sessions. Although many were from a Philippine
backgrounds, the tools (from PRA to mangrove planting & coral reef fish
census for communities to environmental education) are universal.

I'm not sure if its still available, but it was so popular a couple of years
back that I guess it should be.

Sarah