Another Margaret Mead quote

Osha Gray Davidson osha at oshadavidson.com
Wed Oct 2 10:41:48 EDT 2002

At the risk of starting a "Margaret Mead Quote-athon" (perhaps not so bad
an idea), I did want to post another relevant Mead quote -- and my personal
favorite:

"I truly believe that we in this generation must come to terms with nature,
and I think we're challenged as mankind has never been challenged before to
prove our maturity and our mastery, not of nature, but of ourselves." --
"CBS Reports: The Silent Spring of Rachel Carson," March 1963.

The passing of nearly two generations since her observation, and the
environmental decline during the intervening years, has made it all the
more imperative that we heed her advice, IMHO.
Cheers,
Osha

At 10:05 PM 10/1/2002, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>        If I am not mistaken, it was Margaret Mead who once said:
>
>"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world;
>indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
>- - --Margaret Mead, anthropologist

Osha Gray Davidson          Home page: www.OshaDavidson.com
301 E. Maryland Ave         Phone: (602) 263-5582
Phoenix, AZ 85012           E-Mail: osha at oshadavidson.com
USA

www.turtlehousefoundation.org

digests, please see http://www.coral.noaa.gov/lists/coral-list.html .