Job Position available - Grants Officer
Reef Check Headquarters
rcheck at ucla.edu
Tue Sep 10 15:50:13 EDT 2002
Reef Check Foundation, a global volunteer program dedicated to coral reef
education, monitoring and management, is seeking a part-time grant officer
to prospect, research and submit grant proposals in order to secure
financing for several ambitious new projects. The grant officer will be the
lead person in developing communication with fundraising sources and must
therefore be familiar with both the private foundation and federal grant
application process. This includes being abreast of changing grant standards
and proposal guidelines.
Position Title: Grant Officer
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have:
1. minimum of 5 years foundation, corporation and government grant
2. successful grant writing track record;
3. ability to prospect, research, and submit grant proposals;
4. ability to turn out high-quality work on tight deadlines;
5. energetic, well-organized, self-motivated, creative, hard working,
6. dedication to marine conservation and protection.
1. Identify potential funding sources;
2. Work with the executive director and board of directors to create
proposals to identified funding sources, including private foundations,
corporations, and government organizations;
3. Successful candidate will have flexible schedule work of
hours per week, and the option of working from home.
Reef Check is part of the Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network and is
supported by both private foundations and international NGOs such as the
United Nations Environment Program. At present, Reef Checks work involves
organizing and overseeing training and coral reef monitoring in about sixty
countries and territories. The ultimate goal is to give people the tools to
monitor and manage their own reefs.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. All applications must be
received by Monday, September 30, 2002.
Applicants should send their CV and to Kelly McGee, Outreach Coordinator at
<rcheck2 at ucla.edu>:
Office Tel: 310-794-4985
For directions on subscribing and unsubscribing to coral-list or the
digests, please see http://www.coral.noaa.gov/lists/coral-list.html .
More information about the Coral-list-old