Coral damage and mucus secretion

Grubba, Tim timg at calm.wa.gov.au
Mon Feb 3 07:09:45 EST 2003

Dear coral-listers,

                I am trying to track down information on the secretion
of mucus by corals (Acropora) which have suffered physical damage (e.g.
damage caused by boat groundings). Specifically I am after information
on the timing of mucus secretion - how soon after damage occurs does
mucus secretion occur and for how long is mucus secreted.

Cheers

Tim Grubba
Marine Ecologist
Marine Conservation Branch
Department of Conservation and Land Management
47 Henry St., Fremantle, WA, 6160.
Ph  08 9336 0118
Fax 08 9430 5408

digests, please see http://www.coral.noaa.gov/lists/coral-list.html .