Hybridization/phenotypic variation in Acropora

Judy Lang/Lynton Land JandL at rivnet.net
Sat Feb 15 12:47:02 EST 2003

Dear Edwin, Pedro et al.,

In contrast to the situation described below by Edwin, there is--or at
least there used to be--a small reef  crest in a relatively sheltered
location inside Discovery Bay Harbour (SW corner, just west of the
bauxite loading facility) in which. if I remember correctly,  the outer
margins of some colonies of Acropora palmata produced a morphology more
resembling A. cervicornis than A. prolifera. I presumed this was a
response to reduced rates of water flow.

Judy