New Caledonia project

sebastien sarramegna SSarramegna at falconbridge.nc
Wed Jan 8 03:38:42 EST 2003

Hello,

       I am working on an environmental monitoring program in Tropical
reef ecosystem, and I am interesting in methods used to determine the
stress level or the health of the corals. I am aware of the standard
methods used in ecosystem environments (LIT,  Quadrats etc…).   I would
like to have information on methods that could detect changing more
precociously. For example, to detect stress on coral due to high
turbidity it is possible to use the living coral tissue thickness.

    Thank you for all information

Sébastien Sarramegna
Biologiste/Service Environnement
Falonbridge NC SAS