carrying capacity

Leandra Cho-Ricketts wata_gial at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 10:12:08 EST 2003

Hello all,

I have been searching the literature on carrying capacity of small offshore
islands and cays, particularly in reference to tourism.  SO far I have only
come across studies on diver impacts.  Can anyone give me some leads?  We
have a growing problem in Belize of overcrowding of small islands especially
with a boom in cruise tourism and need some visitor limits based on
scientific data.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Leandra Cho-Ricketts