question nitrates phosphates

diannewilson dianne at vincysurf.com
Sat Jan 25 17:42:28 EST 2003

Anita at Noaa suggested a post this for consideration.

I live on a small island in the Grenadines in the Caribbean.  We are =
seeing long black stringy algae covering reefs and choking it out.  =
Hoping the answer was in water testing we bought LaMotte phosphate and =
nitrate test kits....our results are not as expected and we need help in =
interpreting the data.  Is there someone who would offer a little on =
line help?  We have the attention of the government and can likely stop =
the cause, but we need to have credible information.

Many thanks in advance,

Dianne Wilson

digests, please see http://www.coral.noaa.gov/lists/coral-list.html .