Cayman Islands: Internship Announcement

Carrie Manfrino manfrino at reefresearch.org
Tue Mar 25 11:06:59 EST 2003

____________________________________

INTERNSHIP ANNOUCEMENT
The Central Caribbean Marine Institute is announcing available spaces in our
summer internship programs in the Cayman Islands.  Internship credit is
available through Rutgers University.  We are extending the registration
deadline for qualified undergraduate and graduate applicants for our:

1) Structure and Diversity of Coral Reefs Internship
2) Coral Reef Fish Population Assessment: Occurrence and distribution of
Nassau
Grouper (Epinephelus striatus) and fish populations of Little Cayman and
Cayman
Brac.

This is a highly selective program, to ensure the best training possible
during
the research internship only a maximum of 12 students will be able to
participate at a time. Students will collect data to be used on a large
on-going study of the coral reef ecosystems of Little Cayman.

The goals of this program are:
(1) To increase the interest of future young scientists in coral reefs and
enhance their training,
(2) To learn more about coral reef communities and divulge this knowledge by
means of scientific publications, and
(3) To provide data that will assist in protecting these ecosystems.

For more information go to our website: www.reefresearch.org
Or contact us at info at reefresearch.org

Dr. Carrie Manfrino
Central Caribbean Marine Institute - USA
P.O. Box 1461
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 921-3590

CCMI - Cayman