Undergrad research program in Turks & Caicos

Ola Russell ORussell at fieldstudies.org
Tue Mar 25 11:35:06 EST 2003

THE SCHOOL FOR FIELD STUDIES SUMMER & FALL UNDERGRADUATE FIELD COURSES
The School for Field Studies (SFS), an environmental field studies program,
still has space in its Summer & Fall 2003 courses at out field station in
the Turks and Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Financial aid is still
available (you don't need to be receiving financial aid at your school to
qualify). SFS is accredited through Boston University.

Project focus: ASSESSING THE ROLE OF MARINE PARKS FOR SOUTH CAICOS ISLAND
Summer session I: June 9 - July 8 (four credits)
Summer session II: July 14 - August 12 (four credits)
Fall session: Sept. 8 - December 11 (16 credits)
Specific Topics include: marine parks as a means of resource development for
South Caicos; marine ecology, ecotourism, fish stock assessment and coastal
zone management. Course includes lectures, field exercises (snorkel or
SCUBA), research and field trips. Go to our website to read more about our
unique program.
http://www.fieldstudies.org/pages/programs/br_west_indies.html

Participants: undergraduate level college students
Credit: Summer = 4 credits; Semester = 16 credits; SFS is accredited through
Boston University.
Application: deadline April 30 for Summer & Fall 2003 programs; application
form is available on our website: www.fieldstudies.org

For more information contact: Lili Folsom (lfolsom at fieldstudies.org) or call
us at 1.800.989.4418

Lili Folsom