[Coral-List] Conference update: Climate Change and Aquatic Ecosystems

Martin Attrill M.Attrill at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 09:25:05 EDT 2003

> Dear all,

Climate Change and Aquatic Systems
Past, Present & Future

21st-23rd July 2004
University of Plymouth, U.K.

We now have an exciting preliminary list of 19 key speakers for our conference next year, covering all aquatic systems. This can be found following the link from our conference website:

http://www.biology.plymouth.ac.uk/climate/climate.htm

We are currently completing costings for the 3 day conference, and are attempting to keep the conference cost as reasonable as possible. For your information (and preliminary budgeting if you hope to attend), the registration fee (which includes attendance at the conference, all conference literature, lunches, coffee/tea, poster session with wine/nibbles, boat trip around Plymouth Sound and Tamar estuary + Buffet) will be less than 150 pounds. For full time students this will be less than 100 pounds. Accommodation in University halls will be 25-30 pounds per night bed & breakfast (other hotels, etc. also available). Full details, with registration form, will appear on the website within the next 3 months. The timetable for the conference from now is:

Call for abstracts:  September 2003
Deadline for abstracts:  28th February 2004
Programme details online:  31st March 2004
Early registration deadline:  31st May 2004
Conference dates:  21st-23rd July 2004

For your information, the Freshwater Biological Association will be holding their 1-day annual meeting at the same venue on the Tuesday prior to the Climate conference (20th July 2004). If you are also interested in attending this meeting, details will appear on the FBA website:

http://www.fba.org.uk/

I hope you also find the list of plenary speakers exciting and we look forward to seeing many of you here in Plymouth next year.

Yours

Martin