[Coral-List] Coral Reef Restoration with Fragmentation

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Thu Aug 7 09:00:54 EDT 2003

We have some coral transplant notes at www.artificialreefs.org
However, the real training is documented in our training manuals and our
training classes.  We have found it to be irresposible to share this
technology only on the web as there is too much of a chance of abuse (and
therefore death of corals or inapproprate restoration work).  Aquarium work
certainly has contributed a great deal of expertise to the art and science
of coral reef restoration, but there are a huge number of differences which
must be factored in when doing open ocean work. We do NOT recommend you
attempt restoration work with supervision or training from an experianced
coral restoration expert.

Thanks,

Todd Barber
Chairman, Reef Ball Foundation, Inc.
President, Reef Ball Development Group, Ltd.
6916 22nd Street West
Bradenton, FL 34207
941-752-0169 (Office)
941-752-1033 (Fax)