[Coral-List] Piney Point Fish Count Reports

C. HU hu at seas.marine.usf.edu
Sat Aug 16 13:58:38 EDT 2003

It must be rainfall caused runoff - at Todd's location color is much
darker than usual (the dark band, parallel to the coast, is about 40 km
wide), and SeaWiFS "chlorophyll" is > 16 mg/m^3 (normally it is less
than 2 mg/m^3). Of course SeaWiFS "chlorophyll" has a lot of
uncertainties in this region (most of the signal may be due to dissolved
matter for this runoff), but this high contrast explains a lot. Plus,
this site is away from the Mississippi plume. Chuanmin