[Coral-List] Computer Virus Warning (SoBig)

Louis Florit Louis.Florit at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 19 15:52:55 EDT 2003

Hello Listers; there is a particularly virulent computer virus (SoBig)
making the rounds and causing chaos.

The new coral-list setup seems to be shielding the list subscribers
pretty well (we've caught 232 virused messages directed at the coral-list).

However, we have received automated complaints that the virus has been
sent from admin at coral.aoml.noaa.gov; this is a spoofed address, meaning
the virus has faked the sending address.  There's really nothing we can
do to stop this behaviour, but be assured that the virus is not coming
from the coral-list server.

For more information on this virus please check this website.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.f@mm.html

Make sure your virus scanners are updated!!!

Louis
coral-list Tech Admin

--
Louis Florit, Research Associate