[Coral-List] Sea turtle update

blu blu at candw.ky
Sat Aug 30 13:06:39 EDT 2003

For tracking Cayman Islands sea turtle migrations the website is http://www.seaturtle.org/tracking

Two of the four green turtles to nest in Cayman this year have had these transmitters attached. These two greens (Shelby and Myles) are still around waiting to nest again but are expected begin migration soon.

"Samia" the loggerhead has started migrating. She's off Honduras now, just north of the Nicaraguan border.

  & here she is....

  This is Shelby, our first turtle...  she was sighted in the water the other day  &  we went snorkelling with her!! The antenna didn't slow her down at all!

  ---