[Coral-List] new report on deep-sea corals

Elliott Norse Elliott at mcbi.org
Wed Dec 10 12:15:08 EST 2003

Dear Friends of Corals,

Marine Conservation Biology Institute is pleased to announce publication
of Occurrences of Habitat-forming Deep Sea Corals in the Northeast
Pacific Ocean, researched and written by Peter Etnoyer and Lance Morgan
of MCBI and published by NOAA's Office of Habitat Conservation.  You can
read or download it on MCBI's web site www.mcbi.org
<http://www.mcbi.org/>

And in case you are not one of the 400+ scientists from 42 countries who
have already done so, I invite you to sign the Scientists' Statement on
Protecting the World's Deep-sea Coral and Sponge Ecosystems as well.
Indeed, I invite you to ask your fellow conservation biologists and
marine scientists to sign it.

Sincerely,

Elliott Norse

Elliott A. Norse, Ph.D., President
Marine Conservation Biology Institute
15806 NE 47th Court
Redmond WA 98052-5208 USA
1 425 883 8914 (o)
1 425 883 3017 (fax)
elliott at mcbi.org (e-mail)
www.mcbi.org <http://www.mcbi.org/>

Marine Conservation Biology Institute

Protecting Ocean Life through Science and Conservation Advocacy