[Coral-List] Guanaja, Bay Islands, Honduras

Finlay, Andrew Andrew.Finlay at atkinsglobal.com
Wed Jul 9 04:24:31 EDT 2003

Melanie

In depth reef surveys have been conducted on the Islands of Utila and Roatan
by Coral Cay Conservation for 4-5 years after Mitch. They are building GIS
habitat maps for the Islands using scientifically trained volunteer SCUBA
divers. Also more simple and universal Reefcheck surveys have been carried
out. I am not so sure about Guanaja though. Contact BICA - Bay Islands
Conservation Association - Glen Pederson or Shelby McNabb may be able to
help.

A SUMMARY OF CORAL CAY CONSERVATION'S HABITAT MAPPING DATA FROM UTILA,
HONDURAS can be found at:
http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/working_papers/paper46.pdf

For info:
Email science at coralcay.org for info.