[Coral-List] Lessons learned from USA coral NRDAs

Roxburgh, Toby Toby.Roxburgh at jacobs.com
Fri Jul 11 08:55:57 EDT 2003

Dear coral listers

Apologies for any cross-postings (and to non-USA listers).

We are conducting a study for the UK Government's Department for
Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) to explore the practicalities of
implementing Annex II  (assessing environmental damages, restoration and
valuation) of the European Union's forthcoming Environmental Liability
Directive.  One of the study objectives is to investigate experience of
damage assessments in the USA, because much of Annex II has been derived
from OPA and CERCLA regulations.   We aim to do this using a brief email
questionnaire survey exploring both successes and problems encountered.

We would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has been involved in any
Natural Resource Damage Assessments in the USA, in any way, relating to
coral reefs or any habitat type. From our own experience of coral reef
damage assessments, there seems to be much that can be learned from coral
related cases.

If you would like to help by completing a brief questionnaire then please
let us know. The questionnaire results will be sent to all those who
contribute.

Many thanks
Best regards

Toby Roxburgh - Coastal scientist
James Spurgeon -  Environmental economist

Jacobs (JacobsGIBB)
Tel: +44 (0)118 9635298
Fax: +44 (0)118 9263888
E-mail: toby.roxburgh at jacobs.com <mailto:toby.roxburgh at jacobs.com>
Web:  <http://www.jacobs.com/> www.jacobs.com

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.