[Coral-List] Educational Videos from PIMS/CMRC

CMRC cmrc at cmrc.org
Fri Jul 25 09:12:43 EDT 2003

http://www.cmrc.org/pubs.htm

More exciting news from the Perry Institute for Marine Science / Caribbean Marine Research Center!  We invite you to download and view our new educational videos with a stunning glimpse at our underwater environments.  These short videos give a brief overview of several of the most pressing marine conservation topics currently being addressed through our research efforts.  Join us as we learn more about our oceans through research and education programs at the Perry Institute for Marine Science and Caribbean Marine Research Center!

Each of the 3 videos is approximately 6 minutes in length and is easy to download and view with Windows Media Player.  After viewing, you may contact us at cmrc at cmrc.org or 561-741-0192 for more information.  VHS tapes may be purchased for $12 plus shipping and handling and DVD videos may be purchased for $20 plus shipping and handling.

Please share this message and the videos with your friends, students and colleagues!

http://www.cmrc.org/pubs.htm

John Marr, Ph.D.

Director

Perry Institute for Marine Science

Caribbean Marine Research Center

100 N. US Highway 1, Suite 202

Jupiter, FL  33477-5122

(561) 741-0192

Fax (561) 741-0193

cmrc at cmrc.org

www.cmrc.org

 Coral Reefs - Our Living Treasures

Although coral reefs cover less than one percent of the earth's surface, they are home to over one-quarter of all known marine animal and plant species.  Learn how they provide vital economic and ecological resources that many people depend on.

 Marine Protected Areas - The Future of Our Oceans

Marine Protected Areas are designated regions of marine ecosystems that receive special protection from human impact.  Learn how they provide many economic, social and ecological benefits.

 Nassau Grouper - Keeper of the Reef

The Nassau grouper is considered to be one of the most important fishes of the wider Caribbean and Bahamas.  Learn how it plays a key economic and ecological role in this region.