[Coral-List] Diadema information request

Brad Rosov brosov at tnc.org
Fri Nov 7 10:06:42 EST 2003

Dear Coral Listers,

I am currently working to compile information on the status of the long
spine sea urchin, Diadema antillarum populations in the wider Caribbean
basin. In development is a GIS-based model of historic populations
(pre-1983) along with recent populations to spatially examine patterns of
recovery. I have collected many reports and journal publications and will
welcome more information, including unpublished surveys and observations. I
will be releasing the information to all partners in GIS form at the end of
this project. If you are interested in contributing data or information to
this effort please contact me.  Along with your data, please include the
methods used and the precise location of the surveys.

Thank you kindly,

Brad Rosov
Marine Conservation Program Manager
The Nature Conservancy of the Florida Keys
brosov at tnc.org
(305) 745-8402 office
(305) 304-6275 cell