[Coral-List] Re: Coryphopterus personatus feeding habits

Jim Bohnsack Jim.Bohnsack at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 17 09:28:37 EST 2003

Edwin, We see orders of magnitude variance in masked goby abudances in
the Keys from year to year also.  The most simple explanation, I
believe, is recruitment variability - possibly due to oceanographic
conditions and chance factors.  I find it hard to believe that benthos
colonization or change has much to do with it.   As far as I know, the
masked goby is a planktivore.