[Coral-List] anchor damage to reefs

Stephen C Jameson sjameson at coralseas.com
Mon Nov 17 05:52:03 EST 2003

Dear Rudy,

Regarding:

>I am looking for scientific papers addressing the impacts of anchoring
>on coral reefs and associated habitats.  Any references anyone could
>provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Robert "Rudy" Rudolph AICP
>Senior Planner
>Helber Hastert & Fee, Planners
>733 Bishop Street, Suite 2590
>Honolulu, HI 96813
>(808) 545-2055

See:

Jameson SC, Ammar MSA, Saadalla E, Mostafa HM, Riegl B (1999) A coral
damage index
and its application to diving sites in the Egyptian Red Sea.  Coral Reefs
Special Issue on
The Science of Coral Reef Management, Coral Reefs 18(4):333-339

Jameson SC, Ammar MSA, Saadalla E, Mostafa H, Riegl B (in press) A
quantitative damage assessment of diving sites in the Egyptian Red Sea
during a period of severe anchor damage:  a baseline for restoration and
sustainable tourism management. Journal of Sustainable Tourism

Best regards,

Dr. Stephen C. Jameson, President
Coral Seas Inc. - Integrated Coastal Zone Management
4254 Hungry Run Road, The Plains, VA  20198-1715  USA
Office:  703-754-8690, Fax:  703-754-9139
Email:  sjameson at coralseas.com
Web Site:  www.coralseas.com