[Coral-List] Artificial Reef Workshop

Iain Macdonald I.Macdonald at mmu.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 12:16:04 EST 2003

Dear all

I would like to test the water to see if anybody would be interested
in an evening social gathering for informal discussions regarding
artificial reefs at the forthcoming International Coral Reef
Symposium in Okinawa, Japan (June 28th to the 2nd of July) see
http://www.plando.co.jp/icrs2004/

This meeting would be particularly relevant for those interested in
the mini symposiums within the heading "Coral reef restoration" (4-
20 and 4-21).

The conference organizers promote satellite meetings, however, i
can not find information on the web site regarding these and
thought best to start to ball rolling. I think an informal meeting
would be an excellent way for networking and allowing the new-
comers (including myself) into AR research. I would therefore
encourage everybody interested to attend this social, if and when it
can be organised for.

I can gather together a list of interested people so that this meeting
can be organised if you responed directly to me at
I.Macdonald at mmu.ac.uk
with the subject heading "Artificial Reefs meeting".

Mnay thanks
Iain Macdonald
Room E402 John Dalton Extension Building,
Department of Environmental and Geographical Science,
Manchester Metropolitan University,
Chester Street,
Manchester,
M1 5GD