[Coral-List] Vacancy Announcement at Reef Check HQ: Public Relations & Corporate Coordinator
Reef Check Headquarters
rcheck at ucla.edu
Thu Nov 20 15:39:46 EST 2003
Position Description: Public Relations and Corporate COORDINATOR
Reef Check is a program of UCLA's Institute of the Environment and is dedicated to coral reef monitoring, management and education. Active in over 60 countries, RC involves thousands of volunteers annually in monitoring coral reefs around the world while providing reef managers the tools to better manage a sustainable future for coral reefs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Public Relations and Corporate Coordinator manages Reef Check's membership programs for individuals and corporations, coordinates fundraising and membership events, including RC's annual fundraiser Reef Rescue 2004, promotes partnerships with the dive/tourism industry, promotes RC at national trade shows and other outreach events, manages RC's website, brochures and other outreach materials, and serves as editor of RC's quarterly newsletter. This individual also oversees staff, volunteers and interns. Some meetings and special events are held evenings and weekends.
· Developing and implementing innovative and effective strategies and materials for the renewal and retention of individual and corporate members;
· Managing ongoing membership renewal mailings and new member recruitment, including mailing membership materials, and tracking membership contributions;
· Maintaining an accurate membership database and producing monthly status reports.
· Soliciting corporate sponsorship and developing relationships with sponsors.
· Planning and overseeing all of RC's membership and fund-raising events, including Reef Rescue 2004.
· Attending trade shows in the dive industry and promoting RC activities.
The successful candidate will bring 3-5 years experience working in the nonprofit sector, specializing in membership/fundraising and special events coordination. Experience working with volunteers is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be creative, organized, detail-oriented, and adept at working independently on multiple projects. Must have good written and communication skills and enjoy working with people and have a love of coral reefs.
Interested applicants should send their resume by mail, fax or email
by December 5, 2003 application deadline to:
Institute of the Environment, UCLA
1362 Hershey Hall Box 95-1496
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1496
EMAIL: rcheck2 at ucla.edu
More information about the Coral-List