[Coral-List] coral species unidentified ?

Zoe Richards zoer at mtq.qld.gov.au
Thu Oct 30 21:14:29 EST 2003

Michael,

Hope this helps:

It appears Parahalomitra robusta is a synonym for Sandalolitha dentata (Quelch, 1884) See Hoeksema, 1990 p.187.
Psammocora togianensis is a synonym for Psammocora digitata (Milne, Edwards and Haime, 1851) See Veron & Pichon, 1976
Goniastrea parvistella is a synonym for Goniastrea edwardsi (Chevalier,  1971) see Veron, Pichon & Wijsman-Best, 1977

You will find all of these valid species names in Veron, 2000

>From my experience in the Marshall Islands and at the Museum of Tropical Queensland - Enewetak is the correct name.

All the best,

Zoe Richards

Museum of Tropical Queensland
Townsville, Australia
617 -0747 260 618
email: zoer at mtq.qld.gov.au

NRAS - Nature Resource Assessment Surveys - Marshall Islands.
Bikini Atoll, Rongelap Atoll, Alinginiae Atoll, Mili Atoll - 2002-2003.