[Coral-List] coral reef monitoring for management *we need your help*

Jos Hill jos.hill at jcu.edu.au
Tue Sep 23 22:50:50 EDT 2003

Dear coral reef managers,

WE NEED YOUR HELP

The GCRMN/Reef Check in partnership with IMPAC and NOAA are producing a
booklet that will guide coral reef managers in their selection of coral reef
monitoring methods.  To tailor this booklet for your needs, we require input
from you.

We have developed a questionnaire, which we would like you to complete.
Please respond to Jos Hill at jos.hill1 at jcu.edu.au to receive a copy.

The information we request in this questionnaire includes the following:
1. the location of the reefs you manage and your management role
2. the types of human resource-use and impacts that affect your coral reef
3. the monitoring methods you currently use or plan to use, and the type of
information you would like your monitoring program to provide for you
4. the resources that are available to you

Participants in this project will form a network through which future
discussions on coral reef monitoring for management will take place.

Thank you for your time,
Jos