[Coral-List] Announcing the CORAL Discussion Board

Rich Wilson rwilson at coral.org
Mon Apr 5 17:42:58 EDT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) is proud to announce the launching of the
CORAL Discussion Board.  We hope this site will make a significant
contribution to global coral reef protection by stimulating dialogue on a
variety of issues related to the conservation of these dynamic yet
threatened marine ecosystems.  The discussion board will allow individuals,
organizations, businesses and government agencies within the fields of
marine conservation, park management, science, recreation and tourism to
seek technical advice and share lessons learned with others in a global
network of communication.

While there are a wide variety of marine conservation issues that can be
discussed, appropriate topics may include things such as mooring buoy
projects, coral reef monitoring, artificial reefs, educational materials and
programs, sustainable tourism, coral park management and general
conservation initiatives.  If you have topics that you would like to see
addressed within a global network of peers, or if you need technical
assistance or advice on how to better protect the reefs of your local
region, then we encourage you to click on the link below to register as a
member and join the discussion.  Most especially, if you have conservation
success stories and practices that others can learn from, we would like for
you to share your knowledge with others in this forum.

http://www.coralreefalliance.org/parks/cdb

However you choose to use this discussion board, we hope that it serves your
needs to support and promote coral reef protection and connect you to the
rest of the world of coral reef enthusiasts.

Thanks for your support,

Rich Wilson
Outreach Coordinator
The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL)
417 Montgomery Street, Suite 205
San Francisco, CA  94104
(415)834-0900 ext. 307 ph.
(415)834-0999 fax
rwilson at coral.org
http://www.coral.org

³Working together to keep coral reefs alive.²