[Coral-List] thanks

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 12:45:02 EDT 2004

Dear Listers,
After I posted my quirey about the coral eggs...I
recieved so many mails.  I really thank all those
who replied to me explaining me that it is in
fact Palolo worm eggs.  I explained this to my
Samoan friend and told him not to make the same
mistake again. There were many interesting
mails......especially Dr. Wilkinson's quoting his
friend!!!!  I want to say that I was not
fooled...but became aware so that I was compelled
to ask this question.  As I mentioned in my
question, it may sound crazy but it was important
to me to make sure that coral eggs are not
delicacy unlike fish/polycheate worm eggs.
One of the mail that I got all the way form
Italy, in fact said that coral eggs taste very
good and they are eaten with Fried Potatoes and
Ketchup.  This shows that there are still many
people out there who still misunderstand palolo
eggs for coral eggs.  Hence I believe that my
question was relevent for all those people
including me who were not aware of this.
Thank you all once again
Shashank

=====
"the role of infinitely small in nature is infinitely large"-Louis Pasteur

Keshavmurthy Shashank
Kochi University, Faculty of Agriculture
Lab. of AQUa. Environ. Sci. (LAQUES)
Otsu 200, Monobe, Nankoku-shi
783-8502, Kochi, Japan
alt. id: shashank at cc.kochi-u.ac.jp