[Coral-List] Aquarium experiments on hard corals

Steven Dalton sdalton at nmsc.edu.au
Thu Apr 22 19:07:59 EDT 2004

I am currently investigating the cause and effect of coral disease on
subtropical corals at location throughout eastern Australia and am
interested in any available literature in collecting coral samples
specifically Acropora solitaryensis, Pocillopora damicornis and Turbinaria
species which will be placed into aquariums for a series of manipulative
experiments.  Before i collect my samples i wish to review previous
literature which will help in the set up of tanks and procedures about
collecting samples which will minimise coral stress.  We will be collecting
corals from 10m in areas where insolation is variable and don't want to
stress the corals by exposing them the higher than normal light levels.  If
anyone can direct us to any publication on coral collection and aquarium
experiment your assistance would be helpful.

Thanks

Steven Dalton
PhD student
National Marine Science Centre