[Coral-List] Coral Spawning Off Honduras

Stephen G. Dunbar sdunbar at ns.llu.edu
Fri Aug 6 13:17:26 EDT 2004

Hi Coral-Listers,

After recent discussions with the dive operator at a resort on Roatan,
Honduras, he has e-mailed me to ask about the timing of coral spawning in
that area. I know the season for spawning in Australia is between October
and December, but have no idea what time of the year it is for the Roatan
area. Could someone please help me with information on what months of the
year coral spawning usually occurs in that region?

Thanks so much, in advance,
Steve

Dr. Stephen G. Dunbar, PhD
Assistant Professor, Marine Biology