[Coral-List] re-attachment of coral colonies

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Thu Aug 12 14:28:45 EDT 2004

Hi Judith,

Nothing about the "special tools and methods" are prioritary [ordinary
pliers, clippers etc.], nor is their anything in the cement (Hydrostatic
Cement, High Range Water Reducer [ADVA Flow] & Microsilica [Force 10,000]
that you cannot add on your own, and the special underwater epoxy is
available at Home Depot. [Aquamend Brand].  We call these "special" on our
website so that well intentioned (but untrained) volunteers don't attempt
coral transplants without training.  We do not make any money selling the
stuff and only do so as a service to our clients (we would not even sell it
to others unless they were trained).

It is our intention to share our knowledge freely with the scientific
community.  The message we sent before was just suggesting commercially
available super glue gel (not sold by us).

Cordially, "Restoring Our World's Oceanic Ecosystems"" Todd Barber Chairman
reefball at reefball.com Reef Ball Foundation, Inc. 6916 22nd Street West
Bradenton, FL 34207 http://www.artificialreefs.org (All Reef Ball Sites)
http://www.reefball.org (Reef Ball Foundation) http://www.reefball.com (Reef
Ball Services Division) http://www.reefbeach.com (Reef Balls for Erosion
Control) http://www.eternalreefs.com (Memorial Reef Balls) Office: Direct:
fax: mobile: 941-752-0169 941-752-0338 941-752-1033 941-720-7549