[Coral-List] land based coral sprouting!!!!

julian julian at twolittlefishies.com
Fri Aug 13 15:00:08 EDT 2004

Watered things in a garden often sprout branches- sounds like a type of
fungus. Otherwise it is an interesting urban legend-

Plenty of aquarists have Stylophora really sprouting in their aquariums
containing artificial seawater. Perhaps this event is an omen to the world,
like a weeping statue of Mary, that the era of "land based" coral culture
has come! Cultural, psychological, or religious implications aside, if the
story is true, the sprouting stuff is probably just a fungus.

Julian