[Coral-List] tuna caging in RMI

John Naughton john.naughton at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 17 12:55:28 EDT 2004

Silvia:

I've been reviewing several recent proposals for offshore tuna cage
growout facilities here in the Hawaiian Islands.  Also, in the past
we've done considerable work in the RMI, including a survey of coral
reefs and reef resources throughout the Northern Marshall Islands for
possible MPA protective designation.  Please pass on any additional info
on the proposed Rongelap facility and we can provide information for
your possible use in reviewing the operation from an environmental
prospective.

Aloha,

John Naughton
NOAA Fisheries