[Coral-List] picture resources

Kirsten Michalek-Wagner kirstenm at gbrmpa.gov.au
Mon Aug 30 01:13:27 EDT 2004

Hi  Mark,

I will inquire on your behalf at Atlantis Seaworld for high-resolution
images of the fish we are after this afternoon.

The links for the aquarium and coral list are list below.

coral-list at aoml.noaa.gov
aquaticinfo at neaq.org

Finally, fishbase is the largest fish database worldwide, with images for I thin k very fish listed. Looking for e.g Mandarin fish, a few images came up including one that could work. Each image has an electronic link to the copyright holder, so contacting the right persons should not be so hard.

http://www.fishbase.org/search.cfm

Also, there are a number of free and cheap ($ 2) photo libraries on the web, e.g.http://www.istockphoto.com/file, which has a great clownfish shot for ($2)

I hope this helps

Kirsten

Dr. Kirsten Michalek-Wagner
Coral reef ecosystems biologist
ReefHQ
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
2-68 Flinders Street, Townsville, Qld. 4810
Australia

phone: 07 4750 0876
fax:   07 4772 5281
email: kirstenm at gbrmpa.gov.au