[Coral-List] Bleach Watch Program- Great barrier Reef

Gillian Goby G.Goby at gbrmpa.gov.au
Tue Dec 21 20:56:13 EST 2004

Dear All,

The Climate Change Team at The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
(GBRPMA) have been running a BleachWatch program across the Great
Barrier Reef (GBR) for the past three years. We involve tourist
operators, members of the community and research scientists. We are
trying to expand the area the program covers  and we are asking for your
assistance.
As a participant, whether you are a researcher that regularly or
infrequently visits a reef on the GBR we would ask that you fill in a
form that takes approximately ten minutes to complete which records
general reef condition and any early signs of bleaching.
If you are willing to assist the Bleach Watch program please contact me
either by email or phone and I can provide you with more information,
and the Bleach Watch kit.
As we approach summer, and the potential peak bleaching period we
appreciate your help.

Many Thanks Gillian

--
Gillian Goby
Climate Change

Ph: 07 4750 0762
Fax: 07 4772 6093

Email: G.Goby at gbrmpa.gov.au

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
by return email and delete all copies. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited.