[Coral-List] about siltation on coral reefs

Marcos A M Pereira marcospereira at gmx.net
Sun Feb 1 02:46:31 EST 2004

Beatriz,
For some southern/eastern Africa sedimentation rates and its effects on
corals you may refer to:

McClanahan TR & D Obura (1997). Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and
Ecology, 209: 103-122
Pereira, MAM & PMB Golcalves (in press). African Journal of Aquatic Science.
Riegl, B. (1995). Marine Biology, 121: 517-526.
Riegl B. et al. (1995). Bulletin of Marine Science, 56: 676-691.
Schleyer MH & L Celliers (2003). Marine & Freshwater Research, 54: 967-972

hope it helps
mp

Marcos A M Pereira (BSc. Hons.; MSc)
Director de Programa - Ecossistemas e Biodiversidade
Centro Terra Viva - Estudos e Advocacia Ambiental
Av. Agostinho Neto, 799 1o andar flat 4
Maputo - Mocambique
Tel: + 258 1 303267
Fax: + 258 1 303724