[Coral-List] Online magazine to celebrate the beauty of coral reefs

Donovan Watts d at iceplant.org
Wed Feb 18 13:44:13 EST 2004

For Immediate Release
Date: February 18, 2004
Contact: Donovan Watts, 510-843-3668
E-mail: info at coralreefreport.info
* Photos and Promotional Materials Available *

CORAL REEF REPORT EXPLORES THE MYSTERY OF THE CORAL REEF

Berkeley, CA- Coral Reef Report has been launched to celebrate the
power and
mystery of the planet's coral reefs.

This is the very first online magazine to explore the beauty of coral
reefs
through the personal stories, photographs, and art of people who have
dedicated their lives to protecting this magical underwater world.

"The more I learned about the daily destruction of the world's coral
reef
systems, the more discouraged I became", Coral Reef Report creator
Donovan
Watts explains, "But right in the middle of all of this tragedy is a
group
of really inspiring people who have a very personal connection with
these
ecosystems. I found that I learned more about the reef by trying to see
it
through their eyes and their experiences."

The Coral Reef Report features articles, personal stories, and audio
interviews with notables such as Pulitzer Prize nominee, Osha Gray
Davidson,
Pew Fellow Dr. Rod Fujita, and Marine Scientist and
Explorer-In-Residence
for the National Geographic Society, Dr. Sylvia Earle. The site also
features a rotating photo gallery currently featuring award winning
photographer Linda Cline. In celebration of the first issue, jazz
musician
Ottmar Liebert has generously donated an electric guitar as the grand
prize
for the Coral Reef Buddy raffle. The proceeds from the raffle will help
fund
a ranger training program at Bonaire National Marine Park in the
southern
Carribean.

Donovan Watts, a certified diver, lives in Berkeley, California, where
he
works as a web consultant for the Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL).

Visit the website at: http://coralreefreport.info/
###