[Coral-List] coral-list not real-time

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Sun Feb 29 12:02:03 EST 2004

Greetings,

    I just wanted to mention again, in case it is important to you, that
coral-list messages are moderated and do not always appear immediately
upon your sending them.  This is because of the daily virus and spam
bombardment that hits the coral-list queue, because some messages have
in the past appeared which were inappropriate, and because the
occasional commerically-oriented message comes into the queue.  Two of
us (Louis Florit and I) moderate the list to ensure proper content, and
we may not always attend immediately to your posts (especially after
midnight during the week, and on the weekends!).  If you do foresee that
a time-sensitive message will need posting, give us a heads-up and we'll
be on the look-out for it to see that it gets proper attention and in a
timely manner.

    Please see the coral-list overview page
(http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/mailman/listinfo/coral-list) and the NOAA
CIO Policy statements (http://www.cio.noaa.gov/itmanagement/ciopol.htm )
for proper content guidelines.

    Thank you for your help and cooperation.

    Sincerely yours,

    Jim Hendee
    Louis Florit
    coral-list administrators

  James C. Hendee, Ph.D.
  Coral Health and Monitoring Program
  Ocean Chemistry Division
  Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory
  U.S. Department of Commerce
  4301 Rickenbacker Causeway
  Miami, FL  33149-1026

  Voice:  (305) 361-4396