[Coral-List] Ningaloo Marine Park Management Plan

Fitzpatrick, Ben benf at calm.wa.gov.au
Mon Jan 5 01:51:10 EST 2004

Hi coral-listers,
The Management Plan for Ningaloo Marine Park (NMP) is currently undergoing review.
NMP protects Ningaloo Reef, one of the largest fringing coral reefs in the world.
It occurs in the remote North-west of Australia and is one of the few major coral reef systems occuring on the west coast of any continent. This reef is of potential World Heritage Listing and remains relatively pristine.
The NMP proposed zoning plan has recently been released for public comment.
If you have any interest in this area or have visited it in the past now is a good opportunity to have your say.
Email me to register your interest and I will forward you the relevant documentation.
Look forward to any replies,
Best Regards,
Ben Fitzpatrick
Nature Conservation Officer, Ningaloo Marine Park
Department of Conservation and Land Management
PO Box 201, Exmouth, Western Australia, 6707
Phone  08 9949 1676  Fax 08 9949 1580