[Coral-List] identifying zooxanthelea

Fatemi fatemi at tavana.net
Thu Jan 15 14:45:38 EST 2004

Sorry for cross posting

Could anybody tell me about how different species of zooxanthelea, Genus Symbiodinium are recognized? is it according to the structural morphology or to the genetical characteristics? what is the rule of clades in this regards? I have read some papers in this regard, especially Baker's but I could not understand cause none of them have mentioned anything about the names of different species but only clades! May be my background knowledge is not enough. Thanks.

Mohammad Reza
Iran